Wednesday, June 16, 2010

lazy weekends


You know how sometimes the best times with your family are the most unplanned and low key? That is how this past weekend was for us - and it was much needed. After a wonderful vacation, and leading up to that, a stressed out mama prepping for a kitchen renovation and vacation, we just needed a quiet no-plans weekend. Saturday morning we woke up but man, was I tired! I am fortunate enough to have a fabulous husband who didn't complain while I took not one, but two naps throughout the day (you know, sleep when the baby sleeps! Does that count when the said baby is 11+ months?!!!). Ahhh, it was so great. We didn't get out of our jammies or leave the house until that evening.

And then we enjoyed the Italian Festival, supporting a local church. It was great! We ate and ate, and B-man LOVED riding the rides, especially the "coffee cups" (straight from the little guys mouth!), but he also loved the Ferris Wheel and Merry Go Round. Makes me so excited for the 4th of July carnival that we will get to FINALLY enjoy again in Webster!

Sunday we enjoyed time at the splash park where Miss C just took off walking like she had been doing it forever!

Oh and my kitchen, still not done, but almost there. Almost Almost. Just waiting on painting, countertops, new sink and faucet, and final fixtures! I love having my oven/range a part of the mix instead of free standing, and HELLO, I have a dishwasher!!!!!!! And more outlets!!!!!





3 comments:

Mama J said...

Looks so awesome! I can't wait to see it in person :)

Mama J said...

And we lOVE lazy weekends around here! no plans = the best weekends!

McCool said...

Thanks! Just got the countertop install date set too - yay!