Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More coming soon......just a little update

Still need to download Christmas pics from my camera.
We had a great holiday - visited all three sets of parents - left our house Christmas day and went to St. Louis. Then after spending time with both my parents, we went to Evansville to see my in-laws. Needless to say, my children have WAY TOO MUCH! In fact, I am putting some things away for a future rainy day surprise. This was even after my parents bought things that B opened, but are staying at their house. Oh well - we loved buying things and so did the grandparents. Let's be indulgent.

So I have to say - C has changed so much in the last month. Here are some highlights:
  • She started eating solids - so far has enjoyed mashed bananas, peas, some other fruit mix, and likes to gnaw on a banana
  • 3-2-1 take off! C is on the verge of crawling - last month she could hardly sit by herself. She gets stronger and stronger every day. She scoots around the floor and loves to grab everything
  • Teething - those pesky things are coming. Last night she didn't sleep (I am very tired today!). Can't see them quite yet, but I know they are bothering her.
  • Attachment - C has become quite the mama's girl and if I am around, no one else can hold her. Can I say again how much I love my Ergo Baby Carrier? It was my lifesaver last night while cooking dinner - she hung out on my back!
  • Smiles and Laughing - well, this isn't new, but continues. She is such a happy happy baby!
B-man is also doing great. He still loves his sister. And we have had a breakthru (beware non-parents, I am about to say a very mommy-ish thing) - he went poopy on the potty! I could not believe it. While we were visiting family he would talk about it and pretend to go on the potty, but on Sunday he actually did it! What what?! Still not thinking he is quite ready to be potty trained - he has no interest in peeing in the potty, but who cares? He pooped in it! Then he had to go again, but declared to me that he would be doing it that time in his diaper. Whatev.

The one thing......he loves tv and movies. What have I created? We got a DVD player which I promptly removed from the car when we got back to Indy (we are not going to be in the habit of watching every time we are in the car - not to mention the tantrums he throws when it gets turned off) - it will be strictly for vacations and other special occasions. But he loves movies. Loves loves loves loves them. If I let him, he would sit all day and watch tv. Needless to say, we have to be really careful with him - and at certain times, like while we are getting ready in the am and right before bed, he gets to watch 1 show (He loves Diego and Max & Ruby).

And I think the lactose intolerance is going away - over vacation he ate pizza, yogurt, and some other lactose items without issue. Yay! Time will tell - we have not tired milk yet.

Okay - gotta run - time to work. More later and with pictures!

No comments: