So as many of you know, I have the most smart, bright, and strong baby ever!!! Of course, if you have a baby, he/she is probably great too, but I think Brennan is the greastest! So, about two weeks ago he rolled over from his back to his belly at playgroup and has continued this! Wow! But his brillantness doesn't end there....a few nights ago he was sleeping (yes, on his belly - reserve your comments - that's what we do.) and he rolled over on to his side. Hello - that takes some thinking! And then yesterday he did TWO miraculous things - he was having some tummy time on the play mat, propped up over the pillow (like he doesn't get enough belly time at night, but he loves the belly!) and rolled off of it, on to his back and then over to his side. Smart Baby! But wait, he also is trying to sit and so yesterday I propped him up and he held a sitting position - what a smart smart and very strong baby!
Dr. K informed us that he is no longer a newborn, but a baby, because he is such a strong little guy with excellent head control. I am a proud mama!
Okay breastfeeding mothers out there - question - is it me or does breastfeeding make you UBER thirsty? And I also get itchy armpits (sorry) when I feed Brennan, but not when I pump - can't seem to find anything out about that. BF is going really well still - I am pumping at work a few times a day and exclusively feeding him all other times. No formula supplementing here. My hope is to BF until he is at least a year or so.......of course, we'll start introducing solids at 6 mos, but no earlier unless there is a medical reason to do so, which I cannot imagine.
Anyway - I am very proud of my happy baby - my active, strong, smart, genius of a baby! He must get it all from me. ha ha!
More pics soon...
1 comment:
Breastfeeding makes me thirsty-- STILL! When The Boy was younger, I would drink a ton of water. My midwife said it was a combination of losing fluids from the pregnancy/birth and nursing. Keep drinking!!!
Good luck with the continued exclusive nursing! We are at 11 months, and The boy has NEVER had formula. I think it is something to be proud of!!! Some people think I am super crazy, but I still don't even allow him to have juice. It's breastmilk or water.
Post a Comment