Friday, November 9, 2007

Back to work

Yesterday I started work again on a part time basis until January - to be honest, I was kinda excited to get back into a more regular schedule. Thankfully, PJ and I have very generous family who has given their time to us for the next few weeks to babysit Brennan (not that we really had to twist any arms - they were chomping at the bit to spend time with him w/o us being around) so we did not have to start daycare thankfully. I wasn't sure how leaving yesterday would be, but it was fine. I took TONS of pictures to my office and decorated it a la' Brennan - frames, on my cabinets, brought an album (which I carried around and made everyone look at). I also called home numerous times to chat with Debbie and see how he was. All in all, he had a great day. Was leery of the bottle, but with the 6 options we had for him, Debbie got one to work! He ate as much as I pumped yesterday - that's my little chunker!

When I got home, he was ready for some mom time though. Unfortunately last night Brennan also came down with a cold - which PJ has been battling and I started getting yesterday as well. He had such a horse cry yesterday and then the nose started running. PJ went out to get a humidifier for his room and a new filter for the one in our room. Not sure if it is helping...

Sleep has been great the past two nights. Wednesday night he went down (in his crib!) at 10:30, woke up to eat at 2:45, and then slept until 6am when he ate again (and again at 7 before I left). Last night he went down at 10pm, woke up at 3am to eat, and then was up at 5:30 (we needed to do some aspirating of the nose and of course, feed him!). It was so great to get 5 hours of sleep in a row. He actually seems to sleep better in his crib than in the co-sleeper or with us (sad), but it is probably a good thing. Now, if only he would love sleeping on his back... :)

At work again today....feeling good about it. Feel so great that family is with him. Debbie comes back next week (hopefully with my dad), then Jessica is on the week of Thanksgiving, followed by Belle the week after T-day, and finally my mom comes the first full week of Dec. Then it's time to start daycare....eeks! Nervous about that for sure!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I found one of the most stressful things about going back to work was worrying about The Boy eating. Dang those bottles, and now we've switched due to a little mis-information about BPA in the bottle we were using, but he LOVES the new better than the old.

Anyway, glad that things are going well, and it is great that you have family to help out.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your transition back went well! Been thinking about you guys! Can't wait to babysit! Much love! xoxo
J&B