This is going to be a really random post, but I really am feeling good about the food I am eating today.
For breakfast, the kids and I started off with a nice bowl of Kashi cereal (my favorite - the heart healthy kind that looks like cheerios). A change from our normal Eggo Blueberry Wheat waffles with butter!
Then I have a Kashi granola bar for snack - a great flavor - Honey Almond Flax
For lunch I have an awesome salad - courtesy of my Green Bean Delivery that comes every two weeks (seriously the best thing ever - we probably spend a little more for this service, but it encourages us to eat things we may not ever eat otherwise - many more fruits and veggies - often local, always organic!) - so I have a green leafy salad with spinach leaves, mushrooms, and green and red peppers. Will be topping it off with a yummy low fat ginger sesame dressing (yummy!). Also have an awesome plum (again, from my bi-monthly delivery!) and my favorite Snyder's of Hanover Homestyle pretzels. And a little yogurt - vanilla (not anything special - Dannon All Natural).
I also like to share that I brought everything in reusable containers (no plastic bags here!) and brought my own utensils. I think it is important to bring my lunch every day (healthier and cheaper!) and bring resuable containers (absolutely no reason to use plastic bags or plastic utensils). Can I feel a little bit good about myself? Well, I do.
Who knows what my kids will be eating - probably not something as healthy. Ehh - I'll take what I can get. They are still begging for halloween candy every night too.
Who knows what will be for dinner - I don't cook it, so we'll see what my husband has in store for us tonight! We need to finish off some green beans and potatoes before our next delivery arrives tomorrow. I love Thursdays!
So random, but so good! And since I no longer exercise on a regular basis (still trying to factor that one back in to my life), at least I can attempt to eat well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment