Thursday, May 27, 2010

They are doing what now?!!!!

Thought I would just jot down a few things that both kids are up to these days.....things change so fast!

Lil C:
  • such my sleeper - don't try to keep this one up late or skip a nap, she just melts down (and then becomes what I call the drama queen - flipping around, throwing herself backwards, arching her back - I then frantically search for the paci, close the blinds and lay her down. Works like a charm!)
  • When I put her to bed, she loves to play with my hair when I sing her lullaby to her....
  • Then when I lay her down, she plays with her own hair - too cute!
  • Loves the bath - loves to get on her belly and kick her legs. Also likes flip flop around. She also loves the pool!
  • Eats just about anything - no more baby food in our house (once Tucker ate it all we never bought/made anymore!) - she eats what we eat and loves it all. She especially loves whole wheat ritz crackers and grapes (peeled and quartered)
  • Enjoys drinking out of cups - open top and sippy! Just gets water for now though.....maybe a drop of juice sometimes.....
  • Loves going to Sharon's house everyday
  • Cannot sleep without her paci
  • Has great balance and is starting to take a few steps!
  • Laughs at her brother all the time and loves to chase him around the house
  • Wakes up too early for me - 5:30-6am each morning!
  • If she wakes up in the middle of the night - gets mad that I won't get her up and throws her paci out of the crib, across the room, and yells (ooh - very indepedent like her brother!) while i sit next to her...
  • Nurses every am and pm, takes a bottle in the afternoon at daycare after her nap
  • says mamamamama, dadadad, babababa, and lots of other random things
  • Loves to clap her hands and wave goodbye
  • Thinks Tucker the dog is hilarious!
  • Wants to be held most of the time when I am around.... :)
  • Smiles at the world
  • Loves her daddy so much! (Happy Birthday Daddy!)

B-man:
  • Wants to listen to Raffi music in the car all the time
  • Wishes I would let him watch Diego and Madagascar all the time (only sometimes, not daily!)
  • Would eat a hot dog for every meal (to my dismay) if I let him (I do not!!!!)
  • Eats a whole wheat waffle for breakfast every morning
  • Loves to eat berries, bananas, yogurt and posicles!
  • In the car, often tells Lil C that we are going fast
  • Hates going to bed
  • Loves playing outside - if anyone around us is mowing the lawn, he HAS to get out his mower and join the fun
  • Strong willed little boy!
  • Tells me that his phone is his Rescue Pack (from Diego)
  • Likes to tell say, "Go Away Monsters"
  • Likes to do everything for himself
  • Is almost potty trained - yay! Wears a pull up at daycare and stays dry. Wears underwear at home and stays dry.....diapers at night and nap still
  • Can't wait to start school - tells me all the time that he is going to school with his backpack like the little girls at day care (and he will in the fall - YAY!)
  • Loves to sing songs with me - every night he sings Rock a Bye baby with me when I sing him his lullaby. Then tells me I need to sing it to lil C again (even though she is clearly sound asleep!)
  • Loves to read Dr. Suess - and often fills in the words for me when I ask!
  • Loves his daddy so much - Happy Birthday Daddy!
Together - the kids are great friends. They play and laugh, also fight and yell at each other. B-man loves to tell lil C, "no no no......that's mine. Don't do that!". To which she looks at me and bursts in to tears. On rainy weekends, they love to pull the cushions off the couch and jump around. In the bathtub the like to "swim" side by side. Weekend naps are a nightmare for me b/c they just talk and laugh with/at each other, even if I am sitting in between them!

Life is good!

No comments: