Monday, October 19, 2009

Mr. B. Bones

So I am getting really excited for Halloween. Initially B was going to be a racecar driver, but the outfit is too small. And C was going to be a peapod - again, same problem. My kids are long.

Sooo after much deliberation and thinking (and figuring out how to make a costume b/c I am too cheap to buy one!) this is what we came up with!

C is going to be a pumpkin - got a great pumpkin sleeper for $8 and already have a pumpkin hat. Perfect.

B is going to be a skeleton! I bought him a black turtleneck, black sweatpants, skeleton gloves, and a black hat. Then I found these things at Michaels got Transfermations - they are iron-on printer transfer sheets. Then online (I love the internet) I found cut-out bones. So tonight I am going to start the iron on process. Yay! And I also an doing the same outfit for myself. :) Heee hee. All in all, I would say that for the three costumes, we spent LESS THAN $30! How great is that?

We also went to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend - will post pics soon. My mom, step dad, and Brother were with us. Brennan had a great time - it was a great place too. Family owned, small, non-commercialized - just easy. Lots of families, not a lot of lines. Music - corn boxes (instead of sand boxes), animals, train, hayride, a cool slide for big kids, face painting, yummy food (and the best kettle corn ever!).

Side note - my apologies for the previous post being posted on this site. I intended it for my "Girl Kyle" blog, but posted in the wrong place and am too lazy to deal with moving it (not that it would really be hard, but you know).

Continuing to hope the kids stay healthy - confirmed case of H1N1 at our daycare (and there are only 7 kids! Though the one who got it also goes to preschool 3 days a week). Argh - thank goodness for breastmilk.

Oh - one more thing - I have been trying to teach B our last name - McCool. So we practice throughout the day (and as with everything - B yells it!). So we'll go, Mama McCool, Daddy McCool, Tucker McCool (our dog), and then his name and his sister. It is too cute b/c he cannot say McCool, but rather just yells Mama (pause pause pause) COOOOOOL! Daddy (pause pause pause) COOOOOOL. Campa (pause pause pause) COOOOOOOL! and so on. Love it. Love love love it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

need to check out the cutout bones. i got onesies for the babies, z has a skeleton tshirt that he is going to wear. he has insisted that "I will be a skeleton, babies will be skeletons, daddy will be a skeleton, and YOU will be a PRINCESS!" i could actually get on board with that...but need a shirt for daddy and something for me :) thanks for the bones tip!

McCool said...

hope it works out!
Last night B colored his bones in many many colors - he is going to be an interesting skeleton!