Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Words

Here is a list of B-man's words so far:
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Da = yes
  • Boo Coo = Blues Clues (yes, we watch every morning at 7am)
  • Gog = Dog or any animal for that matter!
  • Gaku = Tucker
  • Dada or Daddy = daddy
  • Arf = Ruff Ruff
  • Gack Gack = Quack Quack
  • na na na = no (while shaking his head) - this is a newer word
  • Up
  • Out (kinda - this is a newer word)
  • Dat = That

He can sign (I was gung ho about signing, but little B never really did it, so while I still do signs, he pretty much only signs more):
  • More
  • Pointing of course too! (we love to find airplanes in the sky!)

He will mimic lots of words such as (and I seperate these b/c he will only say them after we say them!):
  • Cous Cous = cous cous, yes the food!
  • Peas = please
  • Tank ooh = Thank You
  • Trapper (dog at daycare)
  • Weeeee (as in Wee, this is fun!)
  • Cookie
  • Cracker
  • Jus Jus = Juice
I think there are a few others, but this is what I am thinking as of right now. If only I could get him to say Momma or Mommy.....someday!

(I am somewhat paranoid as our dr is hoping his vocab increases lots in the next month or two........)

Lil B also is really good at comprehension and following directions:
  • Will pick up things, "B, can you help mom pick up the diapers you just threw everywhere?"
  • Will go to a room, "Let's go to your room and find your shoes"
  • Food/Drink, "Let's go to the kitchen and get a snack" (he always runs to the pantry)
  • Who's on the phone (to which he will hold it up to his ear and say HI or BYE)
  • Let's pick out a book
  • etc...

It is fun to see the little wheels turning in his head at this age! We spent about an hour and a half outside last night before daddy got home and just played. Picked up rocks, dirt, explored the new sidewalks in our neighborhood, pushed around the car, dug with a shovel, even picked up dog poop (YUCK!). So much learning going on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain, everything in our house is Dada - Amy