Monday, February 16, 2009
A new friend!
So I have been wanting to do some kind of volunteer work, but have struggled b/c I don't want to take away from my precious time with B. And then something came across my email today that sounded perfect! My sorority, Delta Gamma, which I am still actively involved in, has something called the Golden Anchor Program, in which we work with senior citizens in our community - just making visits, caring about them, whatever they need! Well, there is someone in need who lives very close to me! And usually older women love babies, so I figure that B and I can easily go for an hour on the weekends, send cards, and bake goods. I anticipate a lovely relationship between this lady, my son, and I! So excited to get started and thrilled that this presented itself! As I am stepping away from my other DG volunteer activities when my term ends in May (I currently work with collegians in IN, OH, and MI, focused on recruitment), this will be the perfect thing for us! YAY - can't wait to meet our new friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When one door closes, another opens. :)
That sounds awesome Kyle! So fun for you & B and also the lady you'll be visiting. Didn't know you were stepping down from your DG role...but you'll be way to busy with two babies to do all of it! CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY!!!
LOVE YOU! xoxo
Yeah, I decided that with two little ones, late night recruitment calls and chapter visits just might not fit in to my life anymore! So....taking some time away when my term ends....though I already miss it and I am not even done! Yay for Thursday! And yay for new doors that open!
Post a Comment