Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Counting down till Santa arrives

Actually, we really aren't. Brennan has no idea santa exists, and as you saw in his santa pic, really isn't that in to him (like the book is called, He's just not that in to you!" LOL). But, we are looking forward to Christmas. Like last year, PJ and I opted not to get anything for B this year b/c his grandparents love to spoil him, but then PJ had guilt about it and bought him a new boat for the bathtub along with a new Christmas outfit. Sweet daddy. We are looking forward to time with the WHOLE family- especially Brennan's cousins - he will be in heaven!

Going to pick up a book today at the library called, Mothering your Nursing Toddler - I cannot wait to read it- I just know it will help me thru what I am now realizing as a difficult time as I sometimes feel like I am the only one out there nursing a toddler. I know that I am not (Maria, Laura, Crystal), but it can feel very alone to be nursing at this age, though we have no plans to stop. In fact, what I thought was a reduction of nursing a few weeks ago (when I was sick) has actually turned in to an increase in nursing - I keep trying to get Brennan to do the sign for milk/nurse, but more often when he wants to nurse, he starts/tries to lift up my shirt (which I think is adorable, though I swore I would never have a child that did that!) and makes this MmmmmMMmmmMmmm noise. I love our nursing relationship - interested to see what happens as my belly gets bigger! Maybe it is time for me to start making a concerted effort to attend the monthly La Leche League meetings as well - once a month on a Monday night, I can swing it!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ooo... I love that book and pick it up when I have issues and questions about nursing The Boy and need to feel supported. The LLL toddler group in Tulsa has really helped me a lot too. :)