Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving and then some....

Has it really been three weeks since I last posted? My apologies dear readers! A friend prompted me to get myself on track and post by saying in an email, "PS - update your blog!". :)

Anyway - things have been good in the McCool household. This is going to be a quick update - I have been sooo busy lately at work and boycotting the computer at night. Hence, no time to post!

What's new with the kiddos?
Lil C-
  • Rolling over - front to back and back to front
  • All fours - if I put her in position, she will stay up on all fours, not quite rocking yet....
  • Sitting - C is doing SOOO great at sitting - she of course often falls over to one side, but is getting better and better each day
  • Grabbing - wow, does lil miss have the grip on her - watch out hair!
  • Talking - Lil C loves to have little conversations with us and beware if you are not paying attention to her, she will yell at you to let you know!
B-man -
  • New Favorite Movie - how the grinch stole Christmas
  • New favorite word - Stupid
  • New favorite phrase - stupid stupid stupid (No, I'm not kidding! We must say stupid more than we think b/c B-Man says it ALL the time, and then b/c it is too cute, we reinforce it by laughing, though I keep telling him that my favorite word is WONDERFUL or GREAT and he responds by saying STUPID! Ahhh......)
  • New trick - climbing out of the crib! And again, we reinforced this by asking to see him do it. Crib mattress is now on the floor until his bed arrives later this week.
  • Favorite Animal - elephant (or as he says, Elephant Trunk)
  • Favorite motorized vehicle - schoolbus
  • Favorite food - Candy. Candy. Candy. Followed by a tantrum when we say no, how about an apple?
What else?
We had such a great Thanksgiving in the ville with my in-laws and family. It is so fun seeing B-man with all his cousins. They interact really well with each other! We visited the E-ville zoo, which makes that trip #4 this month to a zoo!

Just want to say that I am thankful for my family - I feel so lucky to have such wonderful parents, siblings, in-laws, etc.... you all are the best!

Cute story too - this morning I had to take the kids to daycare b/c PJ had a trial. Well, I forgot and got up late, so was running around trying to get us all ready this morning. B-man made the decision that getting dressed was out of the question, so I had resigned myself to the fact that he would be spending his day at daycare in his jammies. In the midst of all this, he announced he was "nungry" so I started making him a waffle. Then he got really quiet, which is never a good thing with a two year old. I looked in the pantry to find him on the floor, surrounded by Kix cereal, eating out of a measuring cup. It was precious. How could I not laugh, then call work to announce I would for sure be late. Then I swept up the Kix. Fun fun times.

No comments: