Monday, June 15, 2009

Naked bootie

I need to post a pic, but Saturday during nap time, B totally took off his diaper and stuffed it between the bed and the wall! Then slept for a good two hours without wetting the bed - nice. I laughed when I went to get him up and saw him in a t-shirt and nothing else - such a cute little naked bootie. I ran to get the camera - will post that precious shot soon.

So B is really in to the potty lately. So I am taking advantage of it. Saturday he announced POOPY to me, so I said, do you have to go poopy? And he said yes - so I sat him on the potty. Needless to say he did not go until the diaper was back on him but it got me thinking - we need a potty! So Sunday I bought the kind that sits on the regular toilet (we have such a small house I don't need another item taking up room - plus my bff suggested that over the kind you have to clean out for a variety of reasons, all of which I agree with). So B sat on the potty yesterday and peed in it! I couldn't believe it - so exciting! He was so excited too. While I am not quite sure we are ready for "potty training" - I am going to pursue this and encourage this new fascination. We are too close to little sister arriving to really push this for now, but we'll see!

Also got B a little gift for when I am in the hospital with new baby sister. He is getting a new pull suitcase filled with a potty book, a new truck, and these great bristle blocks that I used to have as a child - LOVE THEM! He is going to be SOOOO excited! I am soooo excited!

No comments: