So I was really excited about the book - the no cry sleep solution and eagerly poured through it - did the sleep logs and everything. Even created a sleep plan. And. That's. As. Far. As. I. Got. :) I just didn't feel like I wanted to commit to it. I kept asking myself what the issue was - change? Time? Less sleep? And I concluded that while I want more sleep, I wasn't 100% sure I really wanted things to change.
Now - that being said, we (I) did start doing some things from our sleep plan:
- I introduced a "lovey" though after two weeks, Brennan still won't have anything to do with it. He throws it when we nurse with it and also out of his crib. So much for that.
- I moved bedtime 100% into his room - I used to red in his room and nurse on the couch (for lack of a comfortable seat in his room), but decided to change that. It takes a while, but it seems to help.
- I have tried to change from nursing to sleep 100% of the time to only some of the time - this was easy. He is nursing less and nurses as part of the bed time routine, but almost always I walk/rock him to sleep
- I thought we would try to get him into his crib all the time - who am I kidding? I don't want to! So we are starting in the crib and then mid-night, bringing him into our bed. It totally works! PJ and I are both good with it. And mornings are oh so fun with Mr. B. Not to mention, he sleeps better with us and longer with us! Who wouldn't love snugglin with mama and dada?
- In the middle of the night, I am not always nursing and can sometimes pat to sleep or walk to sleep. Sometimes I just have to lay him back down and he is out!
Also - got my new baby ergo this weekend and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. We walked last night and this morning. I put him on my back - it was great! So much better than a stroller and easier when walking with Tucker too. My back hurts a little today, but that's okay.
2 comments:
Don't give up on the lovey. Just in the past month or three has The Boy really gotten in to having HIS blanket at night. On Fridays we take it home from daycare (we have four of the exact same blanket), and last Friday, he gave it a kiss and carried it to the car!
I am glad you are getting more sleep! :)
Post a Comment