Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Who does he look like?

PJ and his brother Chris - pj was about 4 mos
Brennan at three months

Kyle at 4 months?


Hmmm......not to hard to see who Brennan looks like! His dad for sure! Though he does have my hair and eyes......and energetic personality!

Well, we made it through our first day of day care - I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was, but it was okay. Brennan was happy when I left - smiling at Melissa and ready to play! He was only there for 5 hours and slept for 1/2 of the time. I had forwarned Melissa that Brennan is an active baby and LOVES to sit up - she said that the exersaucer was his favorite thing b/c he could play and watch everything going on. He likes to be part of the activity! She also said that one of the other little toddlers played with him the whole time - yay!!!!!! When I picked him up, he was ready for his nap, so it was perfect timing.
We also had a check up for his hips yesterday and things are still PERFECT! Yay! We do follow ups until he is 1 year old, just to be sure, but the doctor is confident that everything will keep progressing normally. Whew.
So it is 8:15am right now and Brennan is still sleeping - this is a miracle for us! The past two nights I have started the bedtime ritual (nursing, changing into pajamas, reading Goodnight Moon, more nursing, rocking in the rocking chair, patting his back, listening to Baby Einstein Classical tunes) and last night he slept for 5 hours before getting up to nurse. Then slept until 6 and went back down - goodness, I love it!
Brennan also did great last night when I went to pilates - he usually gives PJ fits - and just cries and cries adn cries - and I come home to the vacuum cleaner running, a naked baby, and a frustrated husband. But not last night - they were listening to music and dancing around the house - everyone was happy (and I am especially happy b/c pilates means my abs are getting back to normal!).
Life is good. Can't wait for Christmas!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - Brennan really looks like PJ in that picture of him & Chris. How funny! Yes, he does have your hair and your eyes! He is a little piece of perfect from both of you! So glad daycare is going well...I was wondering about you guys! Miss and love you! xoxo